Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Never thought this would happen

Hmmm, this is a bit embarrassing, but something from which I cannot hide. I made the Ontario government's "Sunshine List" of public servants who earned over $100,000 last year. Just goes to show that a hundred-K doesn't count for what it used to. They really need to revise that number upward to reflect the new reality.






And it looks like I'm going to have to postpone the May canoe trip I've been so looking forward to. The latest long term forecast from Environment Canada is calling for an unseasonably cold spring. So much for global warming. One trapper I talked to said he doesn't think the ice will be out until early June. He gets this information by studying beaver entrails.









Finally, here's something I found while surfing the web. A new study from the University of Pittsburgh Cancer Center indicates that cancer causes a decrease in a person's sense of humour. Ha ha ha.

"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused." Anonymous.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bob... I was believing this post right until the end. Even the beaver entrails seemed not too out there. Anyway, you made me smile!
Happy April,
XO
Roxanne

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you guys are still smiling! I see you have some trips to Peterborough planned. Any chance you two might be in Peterborough on the weekend of John Wadland's retirement do (April 25 and 26)? We'll be having a dance in the Sadleir House hall, and would welcome Anna's bodhran... you two may be needed to win the kissing dance! (If so, please let me know.)

Cheers. Peter