Saturday, April 12, 2008

Uppers and downers

Prednisone in the morning.... Gets my mind racing, makes me irritable, tires me out. Then I can't get to sleep when the time comes. So I take my sleeping pills. Last night I got 3 hours of sleep without them before I woke up staring at the ceiling. Half a pill wouldn't put me down. The second half didn't do it either. So at 4 am I took a full pill (now with 2 full doses inside me). That did it. But I woke up at 10 feeling like crap. Did some yoga and some meditation. By the time breakfast came around it was noon. I'm supposed to take my prednisone with breakfast, at 6 am. So now I'm 6 hours behind. And the cycle continues. I'll be lucky if I'm tired by 2 am. Oh well, I know a little blue pill that will help with that. And the cycle continues. I don't like the sleeping pills. And I don't like the prednisone. I feel like I'm in the middle of a tug-of-war.

Yesterday's workout:

backsquat 3x5 205 lbs
shoulder press 3x5 105 lbs
power clean 3x5 115 lbs

Call me lame, but I took Nikita for a walk down the Red Squirrel Road. I let her out at the pipeline and let her run while I followed in the car. I used to make fun of people who do that. I guess if they have cancer then they have a good excuse.

Spring left us and winter returned, with 3" of snow yesterday.

I have so much to be happy for, so much to be grateful for, but I can't find that today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

From what I recall, you're pretty good at fighting things so I'm confident that when you battle with the sleep demons you'll eventually be victorious. I doubt Nikita minded you following in the car but she may have been slightly confused. If Bentley had have been up there, I'm sure he would have kept you company in the car! That definitely would have kept Nikita happy!
love,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Hey Bob...
Was at the market today selling Buddy Wassisname tickets and thought I should ask you how many tickets and for when are you thinking you are wanting... Tickets are selling moderately well. I am sure they will sell quickly as the date approaches.
We are having a catered dinner at our house on the Friday night for $15 a plate extra if you or anyone you know is interested in joining before the wonderful show. Let me know....
Love ya! It was awesome to hear your voices the other day!! Miss you much!